TheOWI Open Water In structor is the first instructor level obtainable in the WASE Instructor Programme.
TheWASE Open Water Instructor is qualified to teach all WASE courses up to Rescue level.
Specialties require specific training as a Specialty Instructor obtainable with a WASE Instructor Trainer.
1. Is the first level of autonomous WASE Instructor able to conduct all WASE courses up to the Rescue level.
2. May participate in a BLSD-First Aid Instructor Course and certify students at this level.
3. May qualify as a WASE Specialty Instructor by attending specialty seminars given by certified Trainers, as well as by presenting specialty course syllabi documenting competence.
4. May qualify as a Divemaster Instructor by gaining the necessary experience and qualifications.
18 years of age
● Assistant Instructor certificates or equivalent
● Medical certificate issued within the previous 12 months confirming fitness to dive